by- Syed Kamran Mirza
E mail : Syed_mirza@hotmail.com
Numerical contradictions: There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. God cannot make an error in doing simple calculations.
How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth?
· Quran-7:54: Your guardian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
· Quran-10:3: Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
· Quran- 11:7: He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
· Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days
The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below stated
· Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?
· Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…
· Quran-41:12: So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …
Now do the math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days
Similar mistakes you can see in the verse: Quran-4:11, 4:12, and 4: 176 in inheritance law. In these verses one can see the total property after adding all distributed parties adds up more than the available property, i.e., totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25. How come ? A gross mathematical errors, is not it ?
Allah’s Days Equal to 1000 Years or 50,000 Years?
· Quran-22:47: A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning.
· Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your reckoning
· Quran-70:4: The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.
So, which one is it ? Is the day of Allah equal to 1,000 earth years or 50,000 earth years?
Creation of the Heaven and Earth
Which one was created first ? As you will see in the verses below, Allah at one time says that Earth was created first and another time he says that the Heaven was created first.
· Quran-2:29: It is He who hath created for you all things that are on Earth; THEN He turned to the Heaven and made them into seven firmaments (Skies)….
· Quran- 79:27-30: Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built ? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; and He has made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morning thereof. And after that, He spread (flattened) the earth
Now, does it match modern science ? Do you believe that, Earth was created first, after that, God created Heaven ? Modern science tells us that ? Or How come SEVEN firmaments (layers) ? Modern science tells us that, actually there is no such thing Sky or any roof over us, it is only a space with no known boundary at all. This verses simply reinforces the ancient idea of ROOF over us which is called SKY, is not it ? How funny!
Sun-set and Sun-rise
· Quran-18:86: Till, when he (the traveller Zul-qarnain) reached the setting-place of the Sun, he found it going down into a muddy spring…
· Quran- 18:90: Till, when he reached the rising-place of the Sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter from it.
Serious scientific errors here. Firstly, it is scientifically accepted fact that, the Sun never go down in a muddy spring. Secondly, this seems to presuppose a FLAT Earth, otherwise how can there be an extreme point in the West or in the East ? A sunrise there would be basically just the same as at any other place on this earth, at land or sea. It would still look as if it is setting “far away”. It does say, that he reached THE PLACE where the Sun sets and in his second Journey the place where it rises.
A resting place for Sun ?
· Quran-36:38: And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
· Quran-36:39: And for the moon We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shrivelled palm leaf.
· Quran-36:40: It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.
llah is indeed a big scientist. Where is sun and where is moon situated ? Can anybody tell me how they could collide/meet/overtake each other? Is the sun and moon are neighbors to each other ? I have the answer for this error: Ancient allah saw (bare eye observations) sun and moon travelling from east to west seemingly in the same Sky area or same path, yet they do not collide and causing day and night etc. Allah hardly could imagine that all these phenomena are simply due to Earth’s rotation and NOT by Sun’s rotation. Sun is stationary for Earth, because earth is stuck in the sun’s Gravity, like we are stuck in earth’ gravity. Allah never say any where in the whole Quran that, EARTH ROTATES. Perhaps Allah could not feel earth’s rotation.
A resting place for sun WAS CONFIRMED BY HADITHS ?
· Sahih Bukhari Hadiths: Abzur Ghifari (ra) narrated: one day Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) asked me, “Abzar do you know after setting where does Sun go?” I replied, I do not know, only Allah’s apostle can say better. Then Prophet (SA) replied, “After setting, the sun remains prostrated under Allah’s Aro’sh and waits for allah’s command for rising again in the East. Day will come when sun will not get permission to rise again and Qeyamot will fall upon earth”.
Can anybody tell me what is it ? It was the superstitious belief of ancient people reflected in the Quran and Hadiths by Allah. A 10 year old boy would not tell such fairy tale story today.
Why Allah created Stars:
· Quran gives us further scientific knowledge by telling us that the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils:
· Quran-67:5: And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans…
· Quran-37:6-8: We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.
Thus, the stars are nothing but missiles to throw at devils so that they may not eavesdrop on the heavenly council. Once again we find how allah was high on his superstitious weirdness.
Sky/Heaven is nothing but A ROOF or Canopy over the Earth:
· Quran-21: 32: And We have made the sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents.
· Quran-31:10: He hath created the heavens (Skies) without supports (pillars) that ye can see, and hath cast into the earth firm Mountains/Hills, so that it quake not with you; and He hath dispersed…..
· Quran-21: 32: And We have made the sky ( heavens ) as roof (canopy) well guarded…
· Quran-2: 22: Who has made the earth your couch, And the heavens (Sky) your canopy
Modern science tells us- whole thing around the earth is space and there is no boundary even we go Billions of Trillions of miles in all direction. Questions are: When there is no sky above us then how in the world, question of pillars comes ? Do we really have a roof above us ? Is there a canopy (Shamiaa’na) above the earth ? In most Bengali translated Quran all Maulanas writes: Allah akashke samiaana bannei-ese . Is there anything called above or bellow in true sense ? Are mountains there to prevent earth from shaking ? Give me a break !
Once again Allah considered sky as roof over the earth which will break/shattered during dooms day
· Quran-78::19: And the heavens (sky) Shall be broken (opened) as if there were doors opens…
· Quran-82:01: When the Sky is cleft asunder
· Quran-69:16: And the sky will be Rent asunder, for it will That day be flimsy(soft)
· Quran-81: 2: When the stars fall, losing their lustre.
Yousuf Ali comments in his Tafsir: beautiful blue sky overhead (which we take for granted in sunshine ) will be shattered to pieces. Modern science tells us that there is no such thing as roof/sky or any canopy over the earth, rather all around earth is a limitless space. Only Allah knows what will break/shattered or will get soft/flimsy or how doors will open , there is no walls, where from doors will come? In some Ayats Allah threatened kafirs by saying: “I (Allah) will throw broken pieces of sky over your head.”
Sun and moon rotates:
· Quran-31: 29: Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; That He has subjected the sun and moon (to His law), each running its course for a term (time) appointed.
· Quran-21: 33: It is He who created The Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course.
Ayats mentioned above could be found over and over again and again almost in every pages of Quran. Because, Allah standing in the open Arab desert saw very well that, every morning SUN is rising from the east and gradually (appointed time or fixed time) setting to the west, and as a result, day and night follows. Allah truly mentioned this wrong knowledge (sun moving) of pre-historic people. Every time Allah mentioned sun & moon, He mentioned day & night, as if it is due to sun’s movement day and night follows. But surprisingly, all the hypocrite Mullahs giving false credit to Allah by saying: look Quran told about sun’s movement 1400 years ago which modern science only found out now. In real world, sun takes 225 millions of years to make just one complete circle through the solar Universe. And obviously this movement of sun has nothing to do with DAY & NIGHT of the earth. Actually, Sun is stationary for the earth in real sense, because earth is stuck to the giant gravitation force of sun and earth also move along with sun wherever it goes, just the way we are stuck to earth’s gravitation force and do not feel earth’s movement at all.
Why then, Allah was telling sun’s movement again and again. I have already mentioned above, why Allah was hysteric about sun’s movements. Now dishonest Mullahs are claiming science here. I wonder, why Allah has to mentioned about sun’s 225 millions year journey (which is even unbelievable to mankind) to tell about day and night ? What relation sun’s movement has with the day and night ?
Earth is spread out like carpet (flat)
· Quran-15:19: And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon Mountains firm and immovable;
· Quran-78: 6-7: Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, And the mountains as pegs (anchor) ?
Allah was sure that earth is flat like a carpet and mountains are there to anchor the earth so that earth does not shake with us. Allah is really merciful scientist.
Here in this verse, Allah challenge people: who can tell whether the conceived is male or female ?
· Quran-31:34: Verily the knowledge of the Hour is With God (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He who knows What is in the wombs of mothers….
Who does not believe the fact that, actually mankind can predict very accurately (99.5%) when rain will fall and can predict (99.8%) what sex of the child inside wombs of mothers. Scientists also predicts that, in the next five years weather predictions will be successfully correct almost 100%. Allah perhaps, could not imagine this.
· Quran-23:14: Then fashioned We the drop (semen) a CLOT OF CONGEALED BLOOD then fashioned We the Clot a little lump (foetus), fashioned We the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators.
( Bengali translated Quran said: “Zamaa’t Raokto theeke Manoosh banieesi” And this Ayat has been repeated again and again throughout the Quran )
· Quran-75:38: Then he becomes a CLOT; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned…
· Quran-96:2: Created man, out of a mere clot of congealed blood
There are serious scientific problems here:
Blood clot can not grow into anything. This idea also came from the Greek. Aristotle erroneously believed that, humans are originated from the action of male semen upon female menstrual blood which is absolutely an incorrect assumption. Quran’s assertion on Clot (alaqa) is completely wrong about human development, since there is absolutely no stage during which the embryo consists of a clot. The only situation in which an embryo might appear like a clot is during a miscarriage, in which case the clotted blood which is seen to emerge (much of which comes from mother) is solidified and by definition no longer alive. Therefore, if ever an embryo appeared to look like a clot it would never develop any further into a human; it would be a dead mass of bloody miscarrying flesh. Since Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had some thirteen wives it is entirely possible that he would be very familiar with miscarriages.
Modern science tells us that, the formation of human embryo is a seamless continuation from conception to birth, hence there is no hard- and- fast boundaries of stages as Quran described. Quran described 4 stages which matches exactly with Galenic description of development of human embryo (which was proved wrong by modern science).
Creation of bones and clothing of bones with flesh: According to modern embryologists including Prof. Moore, the tissue from which bone originates, known as mesoderm, is the same tissue as that from which muscle (flesh) develops. Thus bone and muscles begin to develop simultaneously, rather than sequentially (as the Quran telling us). Moreover, most of the muscle tissue that we human have is laid down before birth, but bones continue to develop and calcify (strengthen with calcium) right into one’s teenage years. So it would be more accurate if the Quran had said that muscles started to develop at the same time as bones, but completed their development earlier. The idea that bones are clothed with flesh is not only scientifically completely wrong/false, but was directly copied from the ancient Greek doctor Galen’s hypothesis.
Also, the idea of saying : “made into bones and clothed the bones with muscle” came from the technique of making animal statue (Moorthy) out of rod and cement or mud. People usually make the skeleton (out of rod or stick) first and, then cover it up with cement or mud. This is scarcely a scientific description of embryonic development. It is rather a description of a lay man.
Which one is correct ?
· Quran-2:256: There is no Compulsion in religion….
· Quran-9:29: Fight those who do not profess the true faith(Islam) till they pay the polltax (jiziya) with the hand of humility.
· Quran-9:5: Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolators wherever ye find them and take them captive, and besiege them and prepare for them each ambush….
· Quran-47:4: When you meet the unbelievers in the Jihad strike off their heads….
· Quran-2:191: And slay (kill) them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
· Quran-8: 65: O Apostle ! rouse the believers to the fight ….unbelievers.
Very often apologetics claim that, Islam is a religion of peace and there is no compulsion. Yet, punishment of an apostate in Islam is, of course, death penalty.
In very many Ayats Allah claimed that, He has given this Quran in the easy and clear language so that, it will not be difficult to understand by the ordinary Arabs.
· Quran-44:58: Verily, We have made This Quran easy in the tongue, in order that they may give heed.
No matter which translated Quran we read, the Quranic materials remain same to us and every sentence is self explanatory and it does not take a rocket scientist to comprehend what is the message Allah wanted to transmit for Arabs. Yet, bigot Mullahs will always blame translators for Quranic contradictions/errors/inconsistencies etc. and will try to find lame excuse to cover up Allahs ignorance.
Holy Qur’an is full of inaccuracies, contradictions, inconsistencies, redundancies, no chronology or chapters, Grammatical errors etc. One can find hundreds of contradictions/errors/inconsistencies in Holy Quran and above mentioned Ayats are just selected samples from the Quran. But still it is a miracle to those who are blind-folded bigot.
“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.”- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Some samples of Quranic contradictions